4/24/16

Makeup diary: Bourjouis Rouge Edition Velvet

Hello sweethearts!

Today's post is the first of this kind on my blog but I really think that my makeup skills have progressed since I started doing pin up makeup in 2012. (thank God for that) and I am finally comfortable to share some of my favorite products and tips with you.

If you are into vintage/pin up fashion, makeup is an essential part of your look, especially the red lipstick no matter what era you prefer. I don't have a habit of buying a lot of makeup or change it when I find what I like so after a handful of red lipsticks I found my Holy Grail.



It all began with the red one but in the meantime I became

obsessed and bought 4 shades more while others are on my wish list.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet are my all time favorite liquit lipsticks!
Rouge Edition Velvet by Bourjois is the new era of lipsticks. Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour.
 
 



First one that I got is in the shade no.1 "PERSONNE NE ROUGE". Although it is very pigmented this shade I usually apply twice for appearance of fuller lips without any pencil underneath, just a thin layer of foundation. It comes in this handy transparent bottle and shade-tinted cap.



I love that it lasts through food and drink, but it's not entirely transfer proof. If I am wearing it all day, eat and drink (I'm not a smoker) I'll probably have to touch it up a bit after eating but that's it. The velvet texture is really nice and smooth and does not dry lips if worn for a longer time, I felt it tighten only when I wore it of several consecutive days almost 18 hours a day at the festival. So if you have extremely dry lips, it can cling to dry patches- make sure to exfoliate your lips and apply a clear lip balm first.



It can be a little tacky/sticky when dried but I dont mind that.

The second shade I got is no.7 "NUDE-IST" for a more daily look at college.This lipstick,as well as others, has a very strong ‘industrial’ smell, which I find very unpleasant, but it fades a few minutes after application.



I am always looking for a nice meaty color that goes with my skin tone, this one is gorgeous and it applies in only one layer! Everything about this lipstick resembles a lipgloss, including the little foam applicator.


For a dark red I have no.8 "GRAND CRU" and this is the first one that I wasn't so happy about. It feels very poor quality in comparison with others.


It is a beautiful dark red colour but the consistency is terrible. It's hard to explain but it doesn't apply evenly no matter what I try so I have to apply it a few times to get it right so usually I wear it over a pencil. On this photo I am wearing it without any pencil underneath, just a thin layer of foundation.


No.6 "PING PONG" is my favorite pink! So vibrant and highly pigmented liquid that sets to a velvet matte finish on the lips! I love love the applicator, it is perfectly shaped to line and define the lips with good precision.


I must emphasize that these stains do not budge! This eye candy fuchsia that instantly catches your attention is one of my favorites! I also love to play with ombre look by mixing my pinks and reds, so much fun!


It delivers opaque colour in one quick sweep! I read some reviews and girls complain that it is difficult to remove, frankly I do not see the problem haha It's a good thing!


And the last one no.10 "DON'T PINK OF IT!", uh I was very hesistated to buy this one or no.4 "PEACH CLUB" but I am so happy I decided to get this! I find this shade perfect for a more 60's look! My light is very poor, sorry about that! This shade is very light powder pink.



All in all I love this lipstick and I think it has a reasonable price (90HRK/ 24$/ 9£) for a product that gives you a high-end feel, high performance and high fashion product for the high street.


For the rest of my face I used Catrice concealer, foundation and powder, Catrice brow felt pen, matte shadow palette with IQ liquid eye liner and Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. More about that next time!


Hope you like this post and that I helped if you had any questions about Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet!


Love, Eleanor
                          xoxo

1 comment: