9/15/15

Custom made: vintage inspired red winter coat

Hello sweethearts!

By all these lovely tokens September days are here, with summer's best of weather and autumn's best of cheer. But soon rain will start to fall, so as the leaves and I will hop into my red coat... Honestly, that is the only thing I am looking forward to- wearing my vintage inspired custom made red coat.
 
We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer's wreckage. We will welcome summer's ghost... So I took advantage of the warm day and took photos to introduce another made to measure piece that I have.
 
This coat is not new, I has been made 2 years ago so I don't exactly remember the details, I am sorry.
 
There was no specific pattern, I just told my seamstress that I want a peter pan collar, lightly puffed shoulders  and  that is open from the waist to hem to create volume so I can wear it on my swing skirts.

 
Things gone wrong when she measured me and told me that I need two and a half meter fabric, so when I was buying it I had a misunderstanding with a salesgirl and got twice as much material than I needed.
 
So since the material is here I mind as well use it, so I have decided to add  a luxurious but detachable hood and make coat a little longer. It is made out of  velours and has light padding so I can wear it when it is really cold.
 
The only flaw is that it doesn’t have pockets but I have left with a good amounts of fabric so maybe in the future I decide to give it a makeover... Oh, and faux fur sounds nice.
 
All of my custom made pieces are made with much love in a local tailor salon "Charme" ♥♥♥
I am very grateful that I have a wonderful seamstress who makes all my ideas come to life :)


 
Now sweethearts, I hope I have given you some ideas for the upcoming season. Stay tuned for more custom pieces and autumn fashion ;)


Love, Eleanor
                          xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment