11/15/15

Lindy Bop: florals

Hello sweethearts!

This will be my second Lindy Bop post and today I'm all about florals! As you probably know Lindy Bop has a lot of floral
dresses, I will present to you two of my own-
'Ophelia' Vintage 1950's Black Floral Spring Garden Party Picnic Dress and 'Uma' White Floral Tea Dress.


'Ophelia' Vintage 1950's Black Floral Spring Garden Party Picnic Dress was my first Lindy Bop purchase. I feel in love with that dress because of her crossover ruched bust panel and rich full circle skirt.


Ophelia comes in a lot of different floral prints and solid colors so it was quite a headache to choose which one would suit me. I was really into green one but at the end black prevailed because of mine constant consciousness about my weight.


At that time I was wearing a size UK12 and Ophelia suited me perfectly which confirms my impression that Lindy Bop dresses made out of thiner fabric are smaller in sizing. Ophelia is made out of thicker good quality medium weight stretch cotton fabric so it has a nice shape and fall. I wore it with a black 26" petticoat.


I love everything about this dress! Fitted bodice, flared skirt, hidden side pockets!! and nice zip on the back. Unfortunately I do not own it anymore, I became too small for me, so with a heavy heart,I sent her in a better home.

Unlike Ophelia, 'Uma' White Floral Tea Dress my recent purchase.

I knew I have to buy her, it was my dream dress! But, unfortunately it doesn't fit like a dream :( Due to the fact that I am a busty gal waist on this dress is a little bit higher that where it should be which makes my torso shorter and my figure disproportional :(


Other than that I love this dress! It is made out of medium weight cotton fabric so it is true to size, I am wearing UK14. Flattering V shaped collared neckline and short cuffed sleeves are my favorite! It has a matching removable fabric belt witch I often replace with a wider one, I find that much suitable for my figure.


Buttons in the front of a bodice section are real so they come in handy because this dress utilizes a side zip which means that you have to pull it over your head. I find it very cute paired with a cardigan so it is a great frock to wear in the spring and autumn.


For more photos you can follow me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/eleanor_rebel/
And Lindy Bop sale is still on so make sure to check out http://www.lindybop.co.uk/sale-c49 :)

More of Lindy Bop in my closet coming up next week! ♥♥♥


Love, Eleanor
              xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment