2/12/16

Oh Me, Oh My, That Lilac Sky

Hello sweethearts!

So...this year carries a lot of exciting things for me :D one of them is Masters degree in Social Work! After 5 long years of studying I will finally get to do what I love ♥♥ and look good while I'm doing it hahah
Bringing you on the blog today a review of a perfect office and vintage inspired Gabriela dress by Voodoo Vixen


Gabriela is a part of Voodoo Vixens AW2015/16 collection made to bring some colour to your winter wardrobe. I was immediately sold when I saw that soft weave with a dainty bow on elegant boat neck!


I adore the details on this dress! Wraparound low cut collar gives this dress a dose of audacity but it does make it harder to combine it with a cardigan or a light jacket because of the bumps on the back that collar gives below the cardi. So layering can be a little unpleasant in this dress but since it has short sleeves it's often not even necessary.


Like most Voodoo Vixen dresses, this dusky purple wiggle number also comes in swing style (Paige). I decided to go with this style because I find it very sophisticated and subtle but also bold. One thing that I would really like is that Gabriela like Paige also has a matching belt, just to emphasize the waist a little.


I love the elegant faux buttons and the fishtail pencil skirt, it gives such a nice flattering fitted shape. Subtle seams on the bust are perfect for a bigger busted gals, discreet but important because they make the whole difference in the silhouette.
 

Gabriela is made out of 77% polyester, 20% cotton 3% and elastane so it provides a little stretch. Fabric is very soft and comfortable, color is gorgeous lilac and it just radiates that 1940's inspired elegance. By the sizing chart I am a size UK12 (M) but unlike Eloise (last Voodoo Vixen dress review here) which is also in size M and fits perfectly, this one has a little room on me. So I would say, if you are between sizes go with a smaller one in this particular style.


I paired my Gabriela with Woody Ellen clutch and a cute vintage inspired light pink shoes I got on eBay but I also love it in a little more "Agent Carter" inspired look with brown hat, belt, shoes and leather gloves. It offers a variety of combinations!


Subscribe to Voodoo Vixen newsletter to get 10% out of your next order and be the first to take a look at their new SS2016 collection: http://www.voodoovixen.co.uk/


Love, Eleanor
                         xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You are looking very elegant and stylish in this dress by Voodoo Vixen! :)

    ReplyDelete