9/25/16

TRIP TO the UK, part IV: Last days in Eastbourne

Hello sweethearts!

We stepped quite well into the fall here in Croatia and yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday. It is time to enjoy Sunday and write my last blog post about my trip to the UK in August. I love to reminisce last days in the UK...

After Twinwood Festival, on Sunday morning Aug 28th we took a long trip back from Bedford to Eastbourne. It was cloudy but I wanted to make most of the remaining time and explore the city which I have not yet had a chance.


I was thrilled with the fact that, even though it was cold and rainy, people were outside enjoying! Playing with kids, walking dogs, they were all very relaxed. It was a wonderful day! For the first time I experienced real English weather hahaha

 
I enjoyed a long walk through the beautiful park and streets of Eastbourne... I like the old cottages and that they have names, so interesting!


I even found the house for myself!

 
Next day the sun came up to make my last day in the UK wonderful. The plan was to nose around the shops of the city, but then Eniko's parents came and took me to the most beautiful place in the world!

 
Look at that view! It left me breathless! That is the best thing about Eastbourne, it is a large town, seaside resort but also rich with country park, valleys and amazing landscape! A place where I could spend the rest of my life...


And just when you think it can't go any better I see this:


Beachy Head cliff! This place is incredible! Altough this is an infamous suicide spot and has a lot of small crosses in memory of the deceased, it is magical ( and why the hell would anyone want to end his life in such a terrible way?! Come on people Stop it!).


It is difficult to describe in words the tranquility of this place...Although I have fear of heights I had to peep  down to see the waves hitting the white cliffs. I could see myself walking there every weekend with my daughter... There is so much to learn and explore! As we passed by a group of girls were sitting on the grass listening to one of them playing the ukulele. I totally wanted to join in!


After a lifetime experience we continued with the day on Schedule, but I couldn't think of anything else. I was under the impression of lifestyle there and the fact that the next day I fly home. We had a nice lunch at Harleywood American Diner (with the Obama's and Simpsons ofc hahaha) and spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching photos that we took and drinking coffee...

 
Next morning after freaking out how the hell will my cabing bag fit we took the train to Gatwick airport. It was hard to say goodbye and I could not refrain from tears (don't cry now, don't cry now).


Entering the plane, I saw a series of advertising posters and one caught my eye:


Flying home with Easyjet was a lot better than when I came, this time I actually saw something trought the window hahaha


Now, reminiscing my trip, it is hard to find words of gratitude. I'm on a great turning point in my life and Eniko and Andras changed it for the better. They changed my outlook on life, love and friendship and they did for me more that no one ever has. I did not get just a trip abroad as a reward for my masters degree, but also a priceless friendship and I really can't wait for the moment to see you and hug you again! ♥♥♥


Love, Eleanor
                        xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment